Saturday, September 3, 2011

RCC18/ TPE114/ DS17

Today's card is for a golden anniversary and is created using I Do Ian and Anya, the first Greeting Farm stamp set I fell in love with and had to have.


Made to give a friend (thanks for an excuse to play this week, Marilyn), I am also using it for 4 challenges this week......




The challenge using at least 2 spooled items found here
I actually used 4 (what can I say- I'm such an over achiever :0)....), the pink embroidery floss, the scrap of sheer pink ribbon behind top of oval, a spool of white tulle for veil, and the red ribbon roses in Anya's bouquet and on Ian's lapel.  Those ribbon roses were my favorite part of the card until I buggered them up by adding glitter (ever do one of those OOPS! that you wish you hadn't have, but it's not worth the effort to go back and fix it?)

And this is also my second entry (I hope that is legal) for the paper
piecing challenge found here (Bet you can tell I really want to win a Greeting Farm image, which is this week's sponsor prize...).  Somewhat hard to tell from the photo, but Ian's suit is paper pieced with grey textured cardstock and Anya's dress is stamped on vellum and dry embossed using the Sizzix swiss dots embossing folder, then pieced together on the card.



The card was created using the sketch provided for the weekly challenge at Deconstructing Jen.  These sketches really give a great jumping off point to get the creativity flowing.  I consider Jen a genius... I'm definitely hooked!



And a new challenge I just discovered here called Designed2Delight, calling for anniversary cards.
..and the credit goes to...
The Greeting Farm - I Do Ian & Anya stamp set
DCWV- Patterned paper from Luxury paper pad... and Copics for coloring the images.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable images and card! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! Congrats to your friend! 50 years--amazing! LOVE your glitter and that image of the happy couple! FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

    ReplyDelete